Saturday, March 27, 2004

Saturday Sum Up
The fascinating Saturday feature where I respond to comments from recent Seasons of Violet posts, and then pose a question of my own.



Comment from John -
Here's a URL for the (cicada) story I read. Swarm of cicadas takes aim at U.S.

This CNN article appears to be written by a non-nature loving city person. Toward the bottom of the article is this explanation of their alarmist tone:
"There's no question that the class of 2004 will be a nuisance. The cicadas will make plenty of noise, and adults are poor fliers that tend to bump into things."
Maybe we should all stay indoors and lock our doors this summer?



Comment from Cliff -
"Senior" is a state of mind, not a birthday.

Also Comment from Carrie and KeLee expressing sympathy on my fall last Saturday. Thanks ladies.

Usually, and especially since I lost weight, I'm able to think young. Last week, however, my body delivered a rendezvous with reality as it protested the jarring it received when I fell.

I almost posted a picture of my totally bruised foot. Fortunately sanity reigned through the pain. I took two Tylenol and went to bed instead.

At first I thought that being laid up was going to be a great excuse to sit and knit all week. By the second day my shoulders and wrists joined the screaming parts of my anatomy and ruined my knitting plans.

The bruising is 80% gone. Only the toe and my knees still ache. (On my pain scale "ache" is much milder than "hurt".) Life is getting back to normal and I'm feeling younger each day.

What's the first thing you think of when someone refers to a "senior"?



Question from Carrie -
Where's Violet? Eagerly awaiting another post....

Carrie wrote her question at 8:15, 45 minutes after I posted the cicada post at 7:30. She couldn't see the new post because AOL delays showing updated Seasons of Violet.

Mom, another AOL user, has the same problem seeing my new posts. For some reason AOL isn't real time with the internet.

I've had Mom try REFRESH and it does not bring in the new post. I don't understand this.

Can anyone explain this to me?
(I've already received the explanation "AOL sucks". My analyst mind is looking for an explanation that's a little more technical.)



Question from What's On . . . Right Now? -
What's On 'your blog' Right Now?

Hummm. If you're reading this post, you know what's on my blog right now.

My senior mind seems to be incapable of making something interesting out of this meme topic. Guess I'll skip it for this week.

Did you have a good week?



Any other questions? Leave your questions and/or answers in the comments.