Saturday, March 06, 2004

Ask Violet
Where Violet takes questions from recent Seasons of Violet comments, answers them, and then poses a question of her own.

Except there weren't any questions this week, other than the one from the What's On . . . Right Now? meme.



Question from What's On . . . Right Now? -
What's On your 'places to go; people to see' list Right Now?

Tuesday is the day I become officially unemployed and help to make George W's unemployment numbers look even worse than they looked last week.
Note: For those who have been reading several months and think I became unemployed in January, I was severed in January. Thanks to the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act, I remained on the payroll for 60 days after being severed. It was wonderful. I didn't go to work, I wasn't sick or disabled, and the paychecks just kept coming. But nothing that good can can last forever, and Tuesday it ends.

I need to make sure everything is set so my health insurance continues and I need to figure out where I'm going to park my severance money where I can hopefully earn a little interest until we need it.

Monday night is Sunny's doggy school. Thursday night is Pappy's doggy school. Wednesday Glory has a vet appointment.

I have to find out from the County Treasurer why we never got our dog licenses for 2004. I did the paper work and paid in January and just realized we never got them.

The next week will be a little more interesting. Mom is having her second cataract surgery and two additional eye appointments where she can't drive herself.

On Friday granddaughter Kimmy has a half day of school. I'm going to pick her up, we're going to do something fun, and Saturday we're going to the Maple Sugar Fest at the Kalamazoo Nature Center.

I'm always looking for fun things to do with an eight year old. Any suggestions?



Any questions for Violet? Leave your questions and/or answers in the comments.