Thursday, March 11, 2004

Food Review - Skinny Cow Low Fat Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwich

Picture of Chocolate Peanut butter Skinny Cow
Product - Silhouette Skinny Cow Low Fat Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwich.

Serving Size - 1 sandwich.

Calories - 140.

Weight Watcher's Points - 2. (I just recalculated the points and it came out a little over 2 points. By Weight Watcher rules, that makes it 3 points. I've been counting these as 2 points for a year now so I'm just going to pretend I didn't recalculate. It works.)

Remarks - I can't eat ice cream. Or maybe it's more correct to say I can't stop eating ice cream, so I don't start. That includes low fat ice cream that comes in containers. The serving size is way too small and I have no will power when taking yummy stuff out of that big container.

Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches fill the void. They are creamy and tasty, almost like real ice cream, and better than most of the low fat ice creams. I can reach in the freezer, take one out of the package, and bypass the temptation to cheat with the portion size.

Sometimes the chocolate peanut butter isn't available at my grocery store, so I've tried the vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, and mint. They're all good, but the chocolate peanut butter is the best. The flavor is more chocolate than peanut butter. The peanut butter flavor is very light.

On my diet, a Skinny Cow is 10% of my daily point allotment so I want to make sure I enjoy eating it. I pay attention to the creamy, cold, tasty sensations. I eat it deliberately and slowly and enjoy every bite. One Skinny Cow is big enough so that when I'm done, I feel like I've had a treat.

Warning - I didn't start eating Skinny Cows until I was several months into my diet. I think if I'd had them in the house before getting accustomed to eating less, I would have been tempted to eat more than one Skinny Cow in a day. I avoid this temptation now by journaling what I eat. It is important to write everything down and count the calories/points!

Find them - In the ice cream section of the grocery store. According to the Silhouette web site, Walgreens sells Silhouette ice cream. I'm going to stop by a Walgreens and see if they have some of the flavors I haven't tried.

Be careful to pick up the Silhouette brand. Other companies make a similar product packaged in a similar container. They're not as good as Skinny Cow. Not even close.

I have no affiliation with this product in any way.

The preceding opinions are mine. You may have a different opinion. I'd love to hear about it in the comments.