Sunday, March 28, 2004

More This and That
Questions from Sunday Brunch.

1. Are you organized or disorganized?

In general, I'm very organized. I am most organized when planning a project. I am least organized when maintaining my home and lesser possessions.

I love making detailed plans on paper. I frequently fall short on the implementation.

2. How well can you swim?
I was over 50 when I learned to swim by taking private lessons from a Western Michigan University swim team member. I had always been afraid of the water, so this was a big scary deal. She was a wonderful, patient teacher and I was soon swimming laps in the University pool three mornings a week at 6:30.

Back to the question - I'm not a very good swimmer. I was almost always the slowest person in the pool. But I am proud of myself for learning and it's a good way to exercise without jarring my joints.

So why don't I do it anymore?

3. How often do you fill your gas tank?
When it's about a quarter full, I fill it up. When I was working, I filled up once a week. Now I have no set schedule. I depends on how much driving I do, and that varies from week to week.

My gas purchases need to be better organized so I'm not pumping gas on the weekend when it's most expensive.

4. Where is your favorite vacation spot?
During my working years, my favorite vacation spot was always home.

Now that I'm home everyday, I'm starting to think I might like to venture out into the world occasionally.

My son and wife have a new house in Idaho that I've never seen. That's high on the list as a potential destination.

5. What is your favorite animal to have as a pet?
I love my dogs.

Right now I'm sitting on the loveseat. Dog Sunny is sleeping next to me on my left. Dog Pappy is sleeping on the back of the loveseat behind my shoulders. It's all very relaxing and I'm thinking about taking a nap.

Do you ever take a Sunday nap?