Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Blogger Idol, Week 5
Blogger Idol is the brainchild of Darren at LivingRoom.

Each Sunday (Australian time) Darren announces a theme for the week. We have three days to work that theme into a blog post. We post the entry in our own blog and leave a link in Darren's blog so we can read what each other wrote.

If you want to read the other entries, the links are here. blogger_idol-1.gif

I will read as many of the entries as possible. Later in the week Violet's Blogger Idol awards will be given to five entries of note.

This weeks theme is ‘Picture this'.



Guest Post by Sunny, Princess of Violet Acres
We all know that dogs can't talk. Bet you didn't know that dogs can write Blogger Idol entries. Well, picture this . . .



Picture of Sunny
Hello. I'm Sunny, the Princess of Violet Acres.

I'm a very small dog. My favorite place to be is somewhere warm and comfy, like Mom's lap.

When people ask Mom what kind of dog I am, she just laughs.

I came from the pound, so whatever kind of dog they have at the pound is what I am.


Picture of Sunny in the Grass

Sometimes I have a wonderful dream about warm sunny days, green grass, and open fields.

Life used to be that way a long time ago - before all the leaves fell off the trees and the cold, white stuff started falling out of the sky.


Picture of Sunny Listening
I think I hear Mom calling to go out for a walk and I'm not sure I want to go.

It's warm in the house. I like to be warm.

See my curly chest hair? It's a snow magnet. I have to wear a stupid looking coat when I go outside or I get covered with ice balls.

When Mom says it's "around zero" I know that I can't walk very far without my feet hurting.


Picture of Sunny Praying
Dear God, this is your faithful canine Sunny.

You are a great God.

Thank you for my wonderful home.

Where did the leaves go?

Where did the grass go?

Where did the flowers go?

As soon as it pleases you, Lord, little dogs with curly chests need the snow to melt and the sun to shine and the earth to return to normal.

Amen.


Picture of Sunny Sleeping
Until then, I think I'll go back to sleep.