Sunday, May 30, 2004

Rise and Shine!
Questions from Sunday Brunch.

1. What time do you normally wake up?
Between six and eight, usually about seven.
2. Do you wake with or without an alarm clock?
It depends. Do you consider dozens of singing birds an alarm clock? How about a dog that is whining to go out?

When I have to be somewhere in the morning, I always set the alarm so I can be sure I won't oversleep. Usually I wake up before it goes off. One of the many wonderful things about being unemployed is not hearing an alarm clock every morning.
3. Name the one thing you must have immediately to start your day.
Coffee. DH Bob makes coffee for me. I stagger up, pour it in my favorite mug, nuke it, and climb back into bed to drink it and wake up to the day.

Sometimes the dogs have to go out before I drink my coffee. We make those walks short and purposeful. On beautiful mornings I take the coffee with me on the dog walk.
4. How long after you wake up do you turn on your computer?
Normally I turn on my computer and read email, check blog comments, and read my favorite comic strips while I'm eating breakfast.
5. Breakfast is considered the most important meal of the day. Do you eat breakfast every day?
Washed grapes in the colander
Yes. It's part of my diet routine.

I eat two Weight Watcher's points worth of Kashi Good Friends cereal and one point worth of fruit, usually seedless red grapes. Also, I start drinking my first 24 ounce bottle of water.

The grapes are my favorite fruit to eat because - remember I'm eating while I'm online - they're not messy. I can pop them in my mouth one at a time without dribbling fruit juice on my hands and keyboard. And they taste good.

I measure the grapes out before I start eating them so I know when to stop eating them. One cup of grapes is one point.

What do you like to eat for breakfast?