Friday, July 09, 2004

Silly Success

Pappy and me before the Doo Dah Parade
A former work teammate sent me this picture she took at the Doo Dah Parade.

She also sent it to other people we used to work with without much explanation of what we were doing.

Emailing: Marguerite and her dog.jpg

All,

I took this picture of Marguerite at the Doo Dah parade.

Barb

I hurried to explain so they wouldn't all think I've gone bonkers since losing my job.

Thanks Barb. Nice picture.

For anyone who doesn't know, we were the Briarwood Beach Bums and we were supposed to look funny and stupid. That's the spirit of the Doo Dah parade. We were so successful at it that our group won second place.

Briarwood is the name of the doggy school where Sunny and Pappy do obedience and agility.

This is Pappy in the picture. He was a good sport about wearing the getup. This is the first time I've ever dressed up my dogs. It's not something I do lightly.

It took over a week and plenty of turkey dog pieces to train him to leave those glasses on. I also had to promise him that after the parade he never had to wear them again.

Hope everyone is well and happy and got a laugh out of Barb's picture.

Marguerite