Saturday, January 24, 2004

Violet is Having Fun Writing This. WahHoo!
We learn different things about ourselves at different times in our lives. Even obvious personal attributes can remain unconsidered until they are put into words.

The past few weeks I've been having "aha" moments about being an introvert. Yes. That's me. Why haven't I accepted this about myself before now?

I've spent most of my life fighting my introvert tendencies. There have been times when I've undertaken programs to "improve my personality", "have more fun", or "be more normal".

We've actually had this conversation at our house more than once:

Violet: We need to get out and do something fun.

DH Bob: What would you like to do?

Violet: What I'd really like to do is stay home and read.
Now I think I've finally got it! I'm an introvert and it's OK. My personality type is now a strength instead of a perceived weakness.

For those of you who are introverts like myself, check out Nancy R. Fenn's website The Introvert Coach. She has a very well done, comprehensive site on the different aspects of being true to an introverted personality. (Thanks to Darren at The LivingRoom.)

In order to be true to yourself, you need to know who you are.

For an introvert chuckle, here is The Introvert's Lexicon.

Do extroverts read blogs? Do extroverts think this lexicon is funny?