Monday, January 26, 2004

Blogger Idol, Week 2
To correspond with the start of a new American Idol series, Darren of LivingRoom‪ started a Blogger Idol event. In Week 2, over a hundred bloggers are participating.

Each Sunday (Australian time) Darren announces a theme for the week. We have three days to work that theme into a blog post. We post the entry in our own blog and leave a link in Darren's blog so we can read what each other wrote.
If you want to read the other entries, the links are here. blogger_idol-1.gif

I will read as many of the entries as possible. Later in the week I will post links to five entries of note.

This weeks theme is "Freedom".



"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose"
. . .from Me and Bobby Mcgee, lyrics by Janis Joplin Kris Kristofferson

I love to feel healthy and spry. . .
A year ago I had high blood pressure and was painfully stiff in the joints. Then I signed up for Weight Watchers and lost over thirty pounds. My blood pressure is normal now and my joint pains are minimal. I feel so much better that it saddens me to think about the years I wasted feeling awful.

I choose to eat healthy.
I am bound to my new eating habits..

I love my two little dogs. . .
Twice a week I spend two hours at Briarwood Dog Training Academy where we do agility, tricks, games, and obedience. The dogs love it. They get to play with their canine friends, they get too many treats, and they get to have "Mom" to themself for the evening. They know which night is their night and they expect to go.

I choose to have dogs and indulge them.
I am bound to attending doggy school two nights a week..

I love my husband. . .
We've been married for twenty-eight years and intend to stay married until death do us part. We spend our days and nights together. We make our major life decisions together. We are faithful to each other. We support each other during difficult times. We discuss, compromise, and sometimes disagree.

I choose to share my life with another.
I am bound to husband Bob..

I love Jesus. . .
I believe He is God who humbled Himself to come to earth, live the unpleasant life of a human man, and die a horrible death on the cross. I believe that most of my life choices are mine to make, but the Lord has certain things He wants me to do. When His will conflicts with my choices, I alter my course.

I choose to be a Christian.
I am bound to Jesus.

When we choose what binds us, are we bound or are we free?

Would love to read your thoughts in the comments.