Friday, January 02, 2004

Friday Five on Anticipation
The Friday Five questions for today are very challenging for me.

I'm in the middle of a giant life change right now and suspect that I have no idea what life is going to be bringing. With that in mind, I will answer based on my life situation and feelings today.

What one thing are you most looking forward to . . .
1. ...today?

I've already done it. I shined my sink. I'm a Flylady Flybaby who is starting over, and step one is shining my sink.

2. ...over the next week?

I'm most looking forward to having this severance process over and done. Thursday, January 8 at 8:00 I meet with HR, get my severance papers, and turn in my badge.

The forecast is for cold and snow next week. If it weren't for that one mandatory meeting on Thursday, I would say that I'm most looking forward to being able to sit home each morning and watch the snow fall and not have to slide to work in the dark.

3. ...this year?

I'm looking forward to establishing a new daily routine which does not start with an alarm clock going off in the morning. I want to have the routine boring tasks, like housework, done early in the day. I'm especially looking forward to having peaceful evenings doing things I like to do. It will be interesting to see how my new daily routine works out.

4. ...over the next five years?

Seeing my family mature and change as we all grow older and more and more precious to each other.

5. ...for the rest of your life?

Since the first time I heard that Pfizer acquired Pharmacia, I knew that my working days were numbered and I sensed the Lord's hand in what was happening. I don't know what He has in mind for me to do with the rest of my life. I'm sure He will let me know when the time is right. Whatever He has planned, I know that it comes from a loving Father and I look forward to it.

What is one thing you are looking forward to in 2004?