Saturday, December 06, 2003

Upjohn Pumpkin Torte and Green Dream Recipes
There is a new link on the right under "About Violet" and labeled My Recipes

I'm going to be very choosy with the recipes I put in Seasons of Violet. Here are two of our family's holiday favorites.

Upjohn Pumpkin Torte Back in the 80s when I worked for The Upjohn Company the cafeteria had a chef who made wonderful things from scratch. The Upjohn Pumpkin Torte is one of those wonderful things. It's a rich, heavenly dessert. Takes a little effort to make but it's not difficult and well worth the effort. For when you want a very special dessert.

Green Dream I've been making Green Dream for over thirty years. I guess it's a family tradition. It's the perfect holiday side dish for adding a slightly tangy accent with roast turkey. Wonderful to eat with cold turkey leftovers.

Would love to hear about your results if you make either or both of them.