Upjohn Pumpkin Torte
This is the original recipe with my changes, suggestions and notes in parens.
1 pkg graham crackers - about 10 (I use 1-1/4 cup crumbs.)
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted butter (Use the real stuff.)
- Mix together.
- Press into a 9 x 13 pan.
3/4 cup sugar
8 oz. cream cheese (pre-softened to room temperature)
- Mix together and pour on crust. (I use electric mixer to get it smooth.)
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
3 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup milk
- Cook to a boil.
- (I microwave it two minutes at a time, wisking after each two minutes.)
- (It's hard to tell when "boil" happens in the microwave. Mixture will be noticably thicker.)
1/4 cup cold water.
- Stir in gelatin and water while (pumpkin) mixture is still hot.
1/4 cup sugar
- Beat egg whites with sugar until stiff.
- Fold into pumpkin mixture.
- Spread on cheese layer.
- Top with whipped cream or Dream Whip.
(This recipe was created to be sinful. Don't try to change it into something healthy. For the intended results you need real butter, real sugar, real cream cheese - not lowfat, real eggs, and whole milk.)
(No nutritional information. If you have to know, you shouldn't be eating this.)