Saturday, April 03, 2004

Saturday Sum Up
The fascinating Saturday feature where I respond to comments from recent Seasons of Violet posts, and sometimes pose a question of my own.



Question from KeLee -
The daffodils are beautiful. Are you saying that they grow wild? Also I can't believe how early they are blooming.

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for asking for the clarification.

Daffodils don't grow wild here. Darn!

The daffodils in the picture were planted about ten years ago. They come up every year to brighten the early spring.

They are called February Gold, a very small, early blooming species. Nothing in Michigan blooms in February, but the very hardy February Golds try to flower as early as possible each year. I love watching for the spot of yellow in the otherwise brown landscape.

The standard full size traditional daffodils are not blooming yet in my shady, oak leaf covered yard. They usually bloom the second week in April.



Question from What's On...Right Now -
What's On your favorite 'recently viewed movies' list Right Now?

To be truthful, there are no recently viewed movies. When I was employed and never had enough time for everything I preferred reading. Now that I'm unemployed, it occurs to me that it might be nice to watch a few movies. But I haven't done it yet.

Granddaughter Kimmy is about to remedy that situation. She quizzed me about my willingness to take her to a movie and was excited that I was willing and able. I believe Shrek II is in my future.

Any other G or PG movie suggestions?



Anything else you'd like to know?