Sunday, April 25, 2004

Do It Yourself
Questions from Sunday Brunch.

Would you be able to do these things yourself or have someone do it for you?

1. Fix a flat tire.

Change it or actually fix it?

Whichever it is, I want someone strong who knows what they're doing to do it for me.

2. Fix a tear or make alterations to clothing.
I can do this. When I was very young I earned money doing alterations.

3. Unclog a severely plugged up sink or toilet.
Oh my. This is husband material for sure! Especially the toilet.

4. Change the oil in your car.
I'm sure I could do this if someone showed me how. However, I pay to have it done. They check the air in my tires, top off all my fluids, change the oil, and give the car a quick wash. It costs about $20 and takes less than a half hour. They do the work and I get to sit in the waiting room and read USA Today.

Why would I want to do my own oil change?

5. Put together an unassembled toy or piece of furniture out of the box.
Oh yes. I can do this. I have done this. I would rather not.

The last things I purchased, assembled, and erected were the four bluebird nestboxes complete with poles and baffles.

What's the last thing you assembled?