Thursday, September 09, 2004

Tomorrow afternoon I'm driving to Battle Creek to pick up granddaughter Kimmy after school.

It turned out that Kimmy's dad is out of town for the weekend. I was told to keep her as long as I wanted, so we have big big plans.

Friday evening we are headed to the Paw Paw Wine and Harvest Festival for carnival rides and fireworks.

Saturday morning, Monette, Kimmy and I are going to the Ringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey Circus, the Greatest Show on Earth. I just bought the tickets last night and Kimmy doesn't know yet.

When she gets out of school and piles in my car, she always asks me what we're going to do while we're together. I'm looking forward to hearing her thoughts when I tell her the plans for this weekend.

Have no idea what to expect with the circus. It could be very wonderful or it could be completely tacky. Or, it could be both tacky and wonderful.

Anyone been to the circus lately?