Thursday, September 23, 2004

Stupid Woman
There is a stupid lady in one of the doggy school classes I attend. When you first meet her, she appears to be normal. After a few conversations it is obvious that she is Stupid Woman.

The first definition of stupid from Merriam-Webster:

a : slow of mind : OBTUSE
b : given to unintelligent decisions or acts : acting in an unintelligent or careless manner
c : lacking intelligence or reason

The lady in question is not slow of mind. She is very quick about making unintelligent decisions and/or acting in an unintelligent or careless manner lacking intelligence or reason. She really is stupid.

Much to my regret, I can't write about the things she does and says. It is too likely that someone from doggy school will see what I've written.

Doggy school is a kind and pleasant place. At doggy school, we all get along. It's not worth risking that peaceful atmosphere to write posts about Stupid Woman. Too bad. You would enjoy them.

What I'm blogging today is perfectly safe. Stupid Woman has no idea she is stupid. If she comes to Seasons of Violet and reads this, she will wonder who I'm writing about.

It won't be me who tells her she is stupid. She's bigger than I am.

Premature Catalogs
Christmas catalogs are arriving in my mailbox. A pox on them! It isn't even Halloween yet!

Last Saturday, September 18, the LL Bean Christmas catalog showed up. Then Monday the National Wildlife and Paragon catalogs appeared in the mailbox.

Yuk! I refuse to look at them and I refuse to buy anything from companies that send out their catalogs this early to upset the few remaining days of summer with thoughts of Christmas.

Are you thinking about Christmas yet?