Sunday, August 15, 2004

School Days
Questions from Sunday Brunch.

Marshall High School Class of 1963! I'll be swinging down Memory Lane to answer these questions.

1. Did you like or dislike high school?

Neither. High school was what I was supposed to be doing, so I did it.

Even though I didn't think much about not liking it while it was happening, life was better after high school.

2. Walk to school, ride the bus or catch a ride with someone?
We lived in the country my freshman year, so I rode the bus. I don't remember exactly when it was we moved to town, but by my junior year we lived close to the school and I walked.

Marshall was a small town. Many days I walked home for lunch and back to school again.

3. What was your favorite subject?
Math. I loved the beauty of algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.

For the last two years of high school my math teacher was Miss Ruth Ann Erskine. She taught me how to think and she taught me that some things require patience.

4. When it came to doing homework, did you do it right away, wait 'til the last minute or just do it whenever you felt like it?
I did it before it was due.

Sometimes I was doing it at the last minute, but it was always handed in on time.

5. Would you go to your high school reunion?
I attended my ten year class reunion. No one had changed much and there was a lot of pot smoking which I didn't participate in. I'm sure that later reunions were more interesting, but I never went back. My introverted self was much happier staying home.

I think I really must attend our 50 year reunion in 2013 - Lord willing that I'm still alive and able.

What did you think of high school?