Sunday, August 08, 2004

Another This and That
Questions from Sunday Brunch.

1. How do you like your eggs?

Over easy. That way I know for sure that they're done.

2. What do you collect?
I'm not a collector. I do have bins and bins of yarn waiting to be knit up. Does that count?

3. Do you carry a purse, backpack or briefcase on a regular basis? If yes, does it contain only the essentials or a whole lot of everything?
My purse is rather largish, but I keep it pretty cleaned out and only carry the essentials. That usually includes a pair of socks I'm knitting. What's more essential than having some knitting to pick up when there's time?

4. When is the last time you've read a book, put together a puzzle, built something or did something crafty?
I just finished The Shop on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber. Not great literature but a very pleasant little read. The story line revolves around four very different women who meet and bond in a knitting group.

Something crafty? Is this a good excuse to show you my latest completed knitting project? Yes!


Rose colored CIC vest knit in Sailor's Rib pattern
Yarn Forward, an online yarn shop, had bulky Lopi on sale for half price. I bought a large amount in bright and pretty colors to make CIC vests. Then, instead of working on either of the pair of socks I have started, I spent the last two days knitting the first little vest. After all, I just had to find out if I was going to like knitting with the Lopi yarn. I do.

These little vests knit up very quickly. Even quicker than a pair of toddler CIC socks. They are only seventy-two stitches around, knit with bulky yarn on size 10.5 needles. That gives about three stitches an inch and four rows an inch.

I've never timed one from start to finish, but I know I can knit one in two days just sitting down occasionally and knitting for a short time.

5. What was the highlight of your weekend?
So far there hasn't been a highlight - but it's not over yet.

What was the highlight of your weekend?