Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Violet Usually Doesn't Like to go Shopping But. . .
This is going to be a short day at work. I'm leaving at 2:30 to pick up Granddaughter Kimmy and go winter coat shopping. Daughter Heather is joining us at the mall and we're going to have dinner together. Grandma buying Kimmy a new winter coat is an annual event with us. Until this year we've done it in October. Hope there are some cool coats left to choose from in November.

Violet Usually Doesn't Obsess About the Weather But. . .
Participants in the Kalamazoo Christmas Parade are getting more and more interested in the weather forecast as the week progresses. This is the fourth day in a row that it has rained. I can't remember when we saw the sun for the last time. I'm hearing rumors about snow toward the end of the week. Surely we are due to have the precipitation stop by the parade on Saturday. A minimum of fifty degrees would also be nice.

Violet Usually Doesn't Get Exited About Clothing But. . .
Today I have on my new Winter Tee from Land's End. (No affiliation.) I shouldn't be wearing it to work but it's brand new and looks great so I'm pretending it qualifies as business casual. As the ultimate in overused phases goes, "What are they going to do? Pfired me?"

This tee is one of the most comfortable things I have ever worn. It's very thick, almost like a cross between a tee and a sweatshirt, but it is also very light. And soft soft soft inside. The 6% Lycra gives it enough stretch so there is no binding. The colors are rich and heathery.

I have the amethyst heather color in a petite medium. I'm thinking I need at least three more of these tees to wear after December when I will be sitting home knitting, drinking tea, and watching the snow come down while I'm not working but the paychecks keep arriving in the mail.

Violet Has Never Before Been Happy to be Unemployed But. . .
Yes, that's right. I am getting Pfired January 9 and then they continue to pay me for two more months just like I'm working. Is that a deal or what?

What do you like to wear for comfortable leisure in the wintertime?