Thursday, November 06, 2003

And He's Gone Gone Gone, Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh
Kalamazoo made the national news today.

From the Kalamazoo Gazette:

"Bobby Hatfield of the Righteous Brothers was found dead in his bed at the Radisson Plaza Hotel in downtown Kalamazoo on Wednesday evening less than an hour before the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame duo was to perform for an audience of nearly 2,400 at Miller Auditorium."

I learned today that "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling" is the most-played song in American radio history. I never would have guessed that, but I'm not surprised. It's one of my favorites, along with just about every other thing recorded by the Righteous Brothers.

What a horrible and sad thing to happen to such a talented person - to die far away from home in a hotel in Kalamazoo Michigan. I'm so sorry.