The Friday Five questions for today were a challenge. I kept my answers as short as possible because there are so many of them.
1. List five things you'd like to accomplish by the end of the year.
- Finish the weight loss part of my diet. Six more pounds to go.
- Teach both little dogs to fetch a dumbbell.
- Finish knitting 2 pair Opal socks, 2 pair CIC socks, and 1 CIC vest.
- Sell most of the Pfizer stock in my 401K. This requires the stock rise to a decent level. The selling part is easy. I have no control over the rising part.
- Clean out my office and make the transition to unemployed. 21 more working days until I get Pfired.
2. List five people you've lost contact with that you'd like to hear from again.
- Ruth Ann Erskine. She was my high school math teacher and she taught me how to think. I'd like to thank her and let her know that I was able to use my brain to support myself after she was done with me.
- Laura Howard. She lived with me and took care of the kids the summer of 1975 while I was getting divorced.
- Elaine Reese. A very smart woman from my high school class.
- Bill Mack. My manager from 1980 to 1985. Back in the 60s he was my sisters driving education teacher when the training car she was riding in hit a tree and she lost a front tooth. No, she wasn't the driver. She was the victim.
- Larry Butler. He was the little boy with big brown eyes who lived across the street from me when I was ten. We spent one whole summer playing Monopoly together. Hope he has had a good life.
3. List five things you'd like to learn how to do.
- Code CSS and HTML.
- Edit and post pictures. I want to put little pictures in the banner area of Seasons of Violet.
- Understand PC hardware. I get the "deer in the headlights" feeling whenever I try, but I'm not comfortable not knowing. My laptop has become very important in my life.
- A new programming language. Maybe C++? Java?
- Build a house. Including carpentry, plumbing, and electrical wiring. I'm not sure I have the strength required, but I'd like to try.
4. List five things you'd do if you won the lottery.
- Make sure my family members have everything they need.
- Bulldoze my current house down and start over. I like the property but the house is too small and needy.
- Hire a groundskeeper.
- Make at least four trips a year to Idaho. Don't worry John and Anne - I won't stay long. I'm a homebody at heart. Oh, and I'm not likely to win the lottery, either.
5. List five things you do that help you relax.
- Knit. Especially while DH Bob is reading out loud.
- Read. Haven't been doing lately this because I've been spending too much time on Seasons of Violet and reading other blogs. But I've always been a reader and I'll be reading books again soon.
- Snuggle with the two little dogs. Usually I do this while doing something else like reading or working on my laptop or playing Spider.
- Play Microsoft Spider. DH Bob has bought two different commercial CDs with Spider on them because he thinks they must be better than the Microsoft Spider. They're not.
- Enjoy nature.
What helps you relax?