Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Life's Simple Pleasures

I've been tagged by A Cracked Pot.

Name ten of life's simple pleasures that you like most, then pick ten people to do the same. Try to be original and creative and not to use things that someone else has already used.

Having no idea what other people have used and not being very creative, I submit the following list.

I further revolt by not tagging anyone else to do this. It's a pleasant, easy post for a day when blogging seems like a lot of work. If you want to do it, it's all yours!

Life has many simple pleasures. These are the first ten that popped into my head today.

  1. Violets in the spring.
  2. Snuggling with my dogs while drinking my first cup of coffee in the morning.
  3. Playing "peek" with granddaughter Sydney and hearing her laugh.
  4. Lunch with a good friend.
  5. Singing my favorite hymn, And Can It Be, in church with the organ.
  6. Fresh Michigan strawberries in June with Bisquick shortcake.
  7. A freshly mowed lawn.
  8. Waking up without an alarm clock.
  9. Listening to a good book on CD while I knit.
  10. Being alive.

What's one of your simple pleasures?