Friday, March 23, 2007

Friday's Feast for March 23

It's Friday, so let's have a Feast.

Appetizer - Who is your favorite news anchor/reporter? Why?

Scott Ott on Scrappleface, "News fairly unbalanced. We report. You decipher." The number one daily news satire site.

I find Scrappleface very funny, an opinion not shared by DH who normally shares my sense of humor. On occasion I've tried reading especially amusing Scappleface stories to him and I can see his eyes rolling back into his head as he attempts to look like he's paying attention while thinking of something else.

Soup - Name 3 foods that are currently in your freezer.

Lean Cuisine in freezer doorFor me: Lean Cuisine dinners that were on sale at the grocery store today.

Sigh. I'm working on losing the winter blubber.

Macinac Island Fudge Ice Cream in freezerFor DH: Four gallons of Mackinac Island Fudge Ice cream that were on sale at the grocery store today.

Really big sigh.

For the dogs: Baggies of small liver pieces used for reward treats at doggy school. I boil the liver for five minutes, cut it up with a scissors and freeze it until needed.

Every dog at doggy school knows I bring the best treat and I usually share.

Salad - If you were to have the opportunity to name a new town or city, what would you call it?

Dogville.

Any dog who passes their Canine Good Citizen test would be welcome anyplace in the town.

Main Course - What will most likely be the next book you read?

Two books - Mere Chritianity and Simply Christian Simply Christian.

I read a review calling Simply Christian the new Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis.

C.S. Lewis is my favorite Christian author and Mere Christianity one of my favorite books, so I have to check out this highly unlikely claim.

Dessert - What's the first thing you notice about the opposite gender?

Voice. I love a pleasing, pleasant male voice.

And yes, my DH has a pleasing voice and most of time he's pleasant. Now, if only I could get him to read me Scrappleface.